Welcome to www.katelangford.com.au
This Site gives you an opportunity to browse and purchase products and services for individuals looking to get career coaching on returning to the workforce, changing careers and or starting a new one.
These Terms and Conditions govern your use of this Site, as well as Kate Langford Career Consulting’s products and services, and form a binding contractual agreement between you and us.
These Terms are important and you should ensure that you read them carefully and contact Kate Langford at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions before purchasing our products or engaging our services.
These Terms constitute the entire and only agreement between you and us and supersedes all prior agreements, conduct, representations and understandings.
Kate Langford Career Consulting’s products and services are intended for people aged 18 and over.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
- By accessing, downloading or using the products and services offered on our Site, whether or not you register as a member, you agree to be bound by these Terms, which you acknowledge that you have read and understood.
- We may change all or part of these Terms at any time. If we do, the new terms and conditions will be posted on this Site. Your continued use of the Site will constitute your acceptance of any changes. If you object to any changes to the Terms, your only remedy is to immediately discontinue your use of the products and/or services.
- All Kate Langford Career Consulting products and services are intended for general education and information purposes only. Nothing on this Site, or any of the content provided to you by us during our provision of the products and/ or services, purports to offer legal, medical, tax or other professional advice. Use caution and always seek professional advice before acting on any information that we provide.
- Kate Langford provides support, guidance and tools for you to set goals, determine priorities and achieve results to assist in your career, but any decision you make, and the consequences that flow from such decisions, is your sole responsibility. Your success depends on many factors, including your background, dedication, participation, desire, and motivation.
- Any testimonials and examples within our marketing materials are not to be taken as a guarantee that you will achieve the same or similar results.
- You acknowledge and agree that Kate Langford Career Consulting, its directors, principals, employees and representatives are not responsible for decisions that you may make nor losses that may arise out of any business or personal decision made by you at any time.
- Kate Langford Career Consulting cannot and does not make any guarantees about your ability to get results or a future, potential career/job.
- Any representations referenced by us on the Site, in our videos, forums or during the provision of our services are illustrative of concepts only and should not be considered as promises but information only to support your career direction.
REGISTERING YOUR DETAILS
- Before you purchase our products and/or services, you must register an account with us.
- You must provide accurate, complete and up-to-date registration information, as requested, and it is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your registration information.
- We may at any time request a form of identification to verify your identity.
- If you are a registered user or member to this Site, you acknowledge and agree that:
- You are solely responsible for protection and confidentiality of any password or member identification that may be issued to or subscribed for by you from time to time (Password);
- You will not reveal (or cause to be revealed through any act or omission) your Password to any other person;
- You will immediately notify us if your Password is lost or becomes known to any other person;
- You are solely responsible for all access to and use of this site via your Password, whether such access or use is by you or any other person; and
- Any information you provide to us for posting or inclusion in our Kate Langford Career Consulting Community, at any time, becomes our property.
- You must ensure the security and confidentiality of your registration details, including any username and/or Password. You must notify us immediately if they become aware of any unauthorised use of your registered details.
- Where a member service is for one user only, you will not let any other person use your Password or any registered user or member services.
- When using our products and/or services, you may be given access to Facebook groups, other online or in person forums or events in which you may post comments, photos, messages or other material.
- When posting Your Content, you agree that you will not post or otherwise publish through this Site or our Kate Langford Career Consulting community any of the following:
- Content that is unlawful, fraudulent, misleading, deceitful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, abusive, offensive, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Content that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful to an individual or group of individuals based on religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability.
- Information that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s consent.
- Information that constitutes promotion or advertisement for groups, events or activities organised through competing social clubs, activity sites and internet platforms, except as otherwise expressly permitted by us.
- Any information or content that impersonates any person or entity.
- Any material, non-public information about companies without authorisation to do so.
- Any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by us).
- By posting or otherwise publishing Your Content on our Site or Kate Langford Career Consulting Community, you:
- Grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, license to use, reproduce, edit and exploit Your Content in any form and for any purpose;
- Warrant that you have the right to grant the above licences; 3.Warrant that Your Content does not breach these Terms;
- Consent to any act or omission which would otherwise constitute an infringement of your moral rights, and if you add any content in which any third party has moral rights, you must also ensure that the third party also consents in the same manner.
- We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to:
- Review, modify, reformat, reject or remove Your Content that, in our opinion, violates these Terms or otherwise has the potential to harm, endanger or violate the rights of any person; and
- Monitor use of the Site, and store or disclose any information that we collect, including in order to investigate compliance with the Terms or for the purposes of any police investigation or governmental request.
- When providing access to LinkedIn profile, you willingly share your username and password to your LinkedIn account and as already agreed to LinkedIn T&C’s: You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
- For all consultations you must have access to stable phone reception and/or internet access at the time and date agreed.
- You are required to install or have access to the latest version of Microsoft Word to ensure documents can be viewed and edited in the correct format.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Our Site and Kate Langford Career Consulting Community is a space for learning.
- Whilst using this Site and/or our Kate Langford Career Consulting Community, we ask that you not:
- Contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted.
- Collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes. 3.Infringe other user’s privacy rights.
- Violate the intellectual property of others.
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms or any other harmful code.
- Use manual or automated software, devices, script robots, other means or processes to access our Site or any related data or information.
- Please see our Kate Langford Community Guidelines in the appendix to these Terms for more information.
- We respect your confidential and proprietary information and by using our products and/or services, you agree to respect the same rights of the other Kate Langford Career Consulting product and/or services participants.
- You agree:
- That any confidential information shared by Participants or any of our representatives is confidential and proprietary and belongs solely and exclusively to the Participant who discloses it or to us.
- Not to disclose such information to any other person or use it in any manner other than in discussion with Participants during training sessions.
- That all materials and information provided to you by us are our confidential and proprietary information and intellectual property, belong solely and exclusively to us, and may only be used by you as authorised by us.
- That if you violate, or threaten to violate, any of your agreements contained in this paragraph we will be entitled to, among other things, injunctive relief to prohibit such violations.
- While you are free to discuss your personal results from our services, you must keep the experience and statements, oral or written, of the Participants in the strictest of confidence.
- All material on this Site, in our Kate Langford Career Consulting Community or otherwise delivered by us by us including (but not limited to) course content, text, graphics, Workshops is subject to copyright. While you may browse or print Our Content for non-commercial, personal or internal business use, you must obtain our prior written permission if you’d like to use, copy or reproduce it. Modification of Our content for any other purpose is a violation of our copyright and other proprietary rights, and is strictly prohibited.
- You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Site or Our Content.
- Nothing contained on this Site or in our Kate Langford Career Consulting Community should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any trade mark without our express written permission.
- You agree that damages may be an inadequate remedy to a breach of these Terms and acknowledge that Kate Langford will be entitled to seek injunctive relief if such steps are necessary to prevent violations of its intellectual property rights.
ORDERING SERVICES – PURCHASING SERVICES VIA THE TELEPHONE OR ONLINE
- To purchase a Service over the telephone please call 07 5322 4086 or proceed using the online payment link
- When you place an order for a Service via telephone or online you are offering to purchase the Services on these terms and conditions. Kate Langford Career Consulting Service reserves the right to cancel or decline your order or any part of your order at any time until it has been confirmed in accordance with clause 3.5 below.
- Following receipt by us of your order for Services via telephone or online you will receive a conformation receipt of order.
- A legally binding agreement between us and you shall come into existence when we have:
- accepted your offer to purchase Services from us by receiving an email confirming the purchase.
RIGHT TO TERMINATE
- We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Site, Kate Langford Community or our products and/or services generally if you breach these terms, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- Each refund request will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and when genuine value has not been received or isn’t able to be received, refunds will be granted at the discretion of the Director Kate Langford.
- Some of our payments are operated through an online and automated billing system. Where your payments are made via Online Payment:
- You agree to ensure sufficient funds are available in your nominated account to meet any account withdrawals made by us on their scheduled due dates.
- If payment is defaulted or not received, you authorise us to debit any outstanding funds from your nominated account without need for notification at a future date.
- We reserve the right to on-sell or otherwise authorise a debt-collection or other authorised agency to collect any amount not paid by you.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate any product or service, at our discretion, if payment is defaulted.
- We endeavour to work with clients who have financial difficulties to ensure actions such as those listed above do not happen. If you are having difficulties or require a payment plan, please contact us.
- In circumstances where we invoice you for payment, payment is due and payable by the payment date noted on the invoice. Failure to make payment by the payment date may lead to suspension of use of our product and/or services.
- At Kate Langford Career Consulting Services, we are confident in the delivery of our resumes, however, should any of our customers not be satisfied with the end result, we are willing to work with the customer to make unlimited changes until they are satisfied. Once a customer has reached satisfaction and thus used the resume to apply for any positions, any further changes required to the resume will be at an additional cost.
- They are strictly adults only to ensure professionalism and a quiet working environment for all other attendees.
- Kate Langford Career Consulting reserves the right to exclude you from any Workshop should you, in Kate Langford Career Consulting’s sole determination, become disruptive.
- You understand and acknowledge that Kate Langford Career Consulting and/or its representatives may record any aspect of a Workshop. Those Recordings may be in the form of audio, video or still photography, and those Recordings may be used in the production of marketing or other materials to be used by Kate Langford.
- You hereby waive any and all legal rights you may have against Kate Langford Career Consulting in respect of recordings of your participation in the event and grant to Kate Langford Career Consulting the absolute right and permission to copyright and use, reuse and publish the recordings where you may be depicted or included, in whole or in part, or composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes or alterations from time to time, made through any medium and in any and all media now or later known, for advertising, trade or any other legal purpose. You also consent to the use of any printed matter in conjunction with that use.
- You waive any right that you may have to inspect or approve the finished product or products of the Recordings or any printed matter that may be used in connection with the recordings or the use to which it may be applied.
- You hereby release, discharge and agree to hold harmless Kate Langford Career Consulting Services from any and all liability that has or may occur in the making of the recordings or any subsequent process or publication.
- In the unlikely event that Kate Langford Career Consulting Services cancels a Workshop, you will receive a full refund of the purchase price paid for the Workshop. Kate Langford will not reimburse any optional expenses including but not limited to flights and accommodation.
REPLACEMENTS AND REFUNDS
- Should the service not meet your satisfaction, you can ask Kate Langford Career Consulting, by email, (email@example.com) for your preference of a free repair, replacement, or refund, but you are not always entitled to one. For example, the consumer guarantees do not apply if you got what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it.
- If you have a minor problem with a product or service, the business can choose to give you a free repair instead of a replacement or refund. Kate Langford offers unlimited edits to documentation or additional coaching where necessary, only if there is a major fault from Kate Langford Career Consulting. If you have a concern, please email (firstname.lastname@example.org). For a major problem with a service, you can choose to receive compensation for the drop in value below the price paid, or a partial refund. This will require investigation by the Kate Langford Career Consulting Manager and evidence that this service was not satisfactory are clear. The decision for a refund will be at the discretion of Kate Langford Career Consulting. Kate Langford Career Consulting does not offer full refunds for services that are complete regardless of the 48-hour cooling off period– amendments and/or a credit will be given in this event.
- As an act of good faith, Kate Langford Career Consulting offers a 48-hour cooling off period, in the instance that a client changes their mind. This is above and beyond the consumer law and will be determined on a case-by-case basis. This request needs to be written in an email with 48 hours of purchase. Refunds requested after 48-hours will not be considered, unless it meets the ‘major problem’ criteria outlined above. Instead, a credit will be issued (this can be transferred to another person at the request of the customer). You will also not be eligible for a refund once the work has commenced, regardless of the 48-hour policy. For example, you have purchased a Selection Criteria Package and are send the questionnaire with video training and valuable information to complete OR your request access to your package’s projects/services early. All refunds are subject to a 5% administration and servicing fee, this will be deducted from the total amount and a refund supplied in 3-5 working days.
- All information on your package is sent in the welcome pack – the customer is required to read this thoroughly and upon receiving agrees to the terms outlined on this page.
CANCELLING YOUR SERVICE
- If you have a problem with a service, take the following steps:
1. Contact the service provider verbally or in writing to explain the problem. If the provider cannot fix the service in a reasonable time, state that you want to cancel the service contract.
2. If relevant, also ask the service provider to compensate you for any damages or losses caused by the problem. This will be at the discretion of Kate Langford Career Consulting.
3. If you’ve paid for the service and it has already started or been delivered, negotiate a refund to cover the services that failed and any advance payments.
4. Show proof of purchase with a receipt or bank statement.
- Kate Langford Career Consulting also has the right to terminate the contract and service with them, should the customer act unlawfully, copy or exploit the materials or service provided, abuse staff, or insist on starting the service again after the use by date.
SERVICES YOU CAN’T CANCEL
- You must pay for services you’ve received under a service contract that worked as expected.
- You can’t cancel a service contract or get a refund if the problem was outside the control of the provider or if you:
- changed your mind
- insisted on having a service provided in a particular way, against the provider’s advice
- failed to clearly explain your needs to the provider.
Resume, Cover Letter and Selection Criteria Amendments
- This applies to any services that requires Kate Langford Career Consulting to complete written documentation for a customer – this includes but is not limited to Module 2,3, & 5, resume updates, cover letters, and the Career Accelerator Program. After receiving the first draft of you documents, you must reply via email with your changes to email@example.com within 2 weeks. The team will then amend these within 24 hours (business hours) and return the final copy to you (see clause X.X if you are not satisfied with these changes). Any additional information that has been requested by the customer to add to the documents but was not supplied to Kate Langford Career Consulting prior to the finalising the document first draft due date, will incur a fee starting from $50 to add the additional information into the document to cover staffing and admin costs. Any additional information that has been requested by the customer to add to the documents during the amendment stage (post 2 weeks after the first draft was sent), also may incur a fee, starting from $50 to cover staffing and admin costs.
Consultations Changes & Conditions
- This applies to any service with a private consult with one on the team – including but not limited to Module 1, 2, 4 & 6, and/or the Career Accelerator Program. Prior to any Kate Langford Career Consulting Consultation, you will be required to complete a questionnaire and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org, this will be sent to you via email within 24 hours. Should the customer fail to return this document within the 1 hour before the allocated consult time (Resume, & Selection Criteria consults) before the allocated consult time (for clarity and interview consults) then Kate Langford Career Consulting has a right to reschedule your appointment, and an additional $50.00AUD will apply to re-book.
Should a customer choose to cancel or reschedule an appointment time, this can be done via the booking link. However, Kate Langford Career Consulting require notice at least 24 hours prior to the consultation time. Any reschedules or cancelation requests that do not meet the 24 hours policy are required to email email@example.com with the request. A $50.00AUD fee will occur to rebook.
Failure from a customer to attend an appointment will automatically forfeit the appointment and a $97.00AUD fee will be charged (for resume and selection criteria consults) or a $297.00AUD fee (for clarity and interview coaching) this must be paid within 48 hours or Kate Langford Career Consulting has the right to cancel your service without refund. The customer will not be able to receive the service again until this payment has been made.
LIABILITY IS LIMITED
- The disclaimers, liability limitations and indemnities within these Terms do not exclude rights that by law may not be excluded. Such rights include, but are not limited to, those rights under Australian Consumer Laws.
- Your indemnify us from all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred or suffered by you or us as a direct or indirect consequence of using or attempting to use our information, products, services or any breach by you or your agents of these Terms. We are not responsible for, and expressly disclaim all liability to the fullest extent permitted by law, for damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within our Site, Kate Langford Career Consulting Community or through use of our products or services.
- We welcome enquiries or feedback on our Site. Unless specifically stated by you, we shall treat any information you provide us with, as non-proprietary and non-confidential.
- If you have questions or comments regarding this Site, or Kate Langford Career Consulting products or services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org